Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Responsive Engineering Ltd provides a complete diverse, end-to-end manufacturing capabilities under one roof. Utilising technology and highly skilled employees, we provide discreet components or full-service offerings to our customers to a very high standard. As a company, we value wellbeing, driven individuals who work well together, ensuring trusted partnerships with a strong sense of ambition. Our ideal candidate will embody these values and demonstrate a commitment to promoting a safe, positive and supportive work environment. We are committed to being first in line, when it comes to taking responsibility for complex manufacturing solutions and to be recognised for customer and employee excellence.
Overall, Responsive Engineering Ltd is dedicated to delivering manufacturing engineered solutions that meet the needs of our customers, while upholding our values of wellbeing, driven, togetherness, ambition, and trusted partnerships.
Health and Safety:
- Accountable for the health & safety of employees, visitors, and contractors throughout the manufacturing areas.
- To drive a positive behaviour-based safety culture, where employees feel engaged to look after each other and improve processes and the working environment.
- To ensure accurate, timely reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents, while following the requirements of the company procedure.
- To plan tasks in advance of starting manufacturing process and ensure safe systems of work are in place, including risk assessments.
- To maintain a high level of housekeeping throughout the manufacturing area.
- To manage plant and equipment and ensure assets are maintained in good working order and statutory compliance is maintained. Implement and adhere to PPM schedules and equipment service requirements.
Performance Measures: Number of Accidents/Incidents, PPE compliance, Management Safety Audits.
- Accountable for the quality of products produced in the manufacturing areas under your control.
- To ensure products are made to specification.
- To ensure employees understand they are responsible for the quality of their own work and prevent inspection failures.
- Identifying repeat issues and putting robust countermeasures in place
- To report any risks to product quality and suggest improvements where possible.
- To take a leading role in targeting zero defects from your section
- Minimise the use of subcontract NDE/inspection resource where applicable.
Performance Measures: Customer Concerns, Rework volume, Adherence to QMS/ITP.
- Accountable for manufacturing products within the planned timescale.
- Work with project teams to determine the most efficient methods, processes, and plan for manufacturing.
- To identify and rectify plan slippage.
- To ensure cohesive handover between shifts, ensuring all parties are aligned with on-going priorities.
Performance Measures: On time delivery to production plan.
- Accountable for manufacturing products within budget.
- Ensure that shift patterns and overtime is controlled within stringent cost parameters whilst fulfilling manufacturing obligations.
- To monitor and manage the consumable material cost monthly with support from the supply chain manager and purchasing team.
- Ensure the waste stream from your area is dealt with according to current environmental waste management procedures.
Performance Measures: Utilisation, Budget Adherence, Over time costs, Consumable material costs.
- To continually encourage and support employees to be better at what they do. Listen and act on the improvement ideas and suggestions from the workforce.
- Empower Supervisors / Team Leaders to chair SQDCP daily meetings.
- Setting appropriate standards to ensure quality, delivery & cost business KPI’s are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with the companies’ policies and procedures and embrace the company values.
- Lead team ensuring that they receive clear direction and performance management in line with the values of REL, to include: –
- Setting and agreeing targets. Investigate the root causes of missed targets and implement
- measures to reverse slippage and prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and manage manufacturing team member holidays.
- Support the Supervisors / Team Leaders with disciplinary issues, ensuring the appropriate
- action is taken.
- Identify, develop, and retain employees who share our company values and ensure those who do not receive appropriate feedback and management.
- Manage the recruitment of shop floor employees with assistance from the HR team.
- Work with the Head of Production to ensure the manning levels allow on-time production but achieves high direct employee utilisation.
- Monitor the capacity plan against demand and work to smooth out wherever possible.
Performance Measures: SQDCP information, Absence levels, PDP on-time completion.
- 25 days holidays per year + Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Death in Service life insurance scheme.
- Personal Injury scheme.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Free electric charging points.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Onsite Parking.
- Onsite café and takeaway.
- Referral programme (up to £750).