Armstrong Works, previously a locomotive and aircraft facility, boasts 33,000m² of space and has been a central part of British engineering for over 160 years, formerly holding nicknames such as ‘Vickers Tank Factory’ and ‘The Workshop of The World’.
Within Armstrong Works Responsive Engineering boasts:
- Over 70 fully equipped welding bays
- 14 overhead cranes with capacity ranging up to 50 tonnes
- 20 tonne work piece welding manipulation capability
- 16,000m² of under-crane production space
- Large capacity vertical and horizontal CNC machining centres
- A paint shop and dedicated clean room
As of 2018 we expanded into the Port of Blyth creating Rapid Manufacturing Services to help with quick turnaround projects, as well as the mobilisation and demobilisation of offshore vessels.
We operate using the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and are committed to delivering quality products on time. Dedicated project managers help us monitor and communicate progress to customers from order intake to dispatch.
Our expansion into Port of Blyth means we have the capability to ship finished fabrications world-wide.