CNC Miller (Large Gantry Milling Machines)
Job Title: CNC Miller (Large Gantry Miller)
Salary:£16.76 – £21.75 per hour basic rate
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Friday.
- Full-time, permanent.
- Overtime available at 1.5/1.84 of basic rate.
- Candidate must be flexible to work shift patterns, usually 2 weeks days/nights as per business requirements.
Responsive Engineering Ltd provides a complete diverse, end-to-end manufacturing capabilities under one roof. Utilising technology and highly skilled employees, we provide discreet components or full-service offerings to our customers to a very high standard. As a company, we value wellbeing, driven individuals who work well together, ensuring trusted partnerships with a strong sense of ambition. Our ideal candidate will embody these values and demonstrate a commitment to promoting a safe, positive and supportive work environment. We are committed to being first in line, when it comes to taking responsibility for complex manufacturing solutions and to be recognised for customer and employee excellence.
Overall, Responsive Engineering Ltd is dedicated to delivering manufacturing engineered solutions that meet the needs of our customers, while upholding our values of wellbeing, driven, togetherness, ambition, and trusted partnerships
About the Role:
We have opportunities for skilled CNC Millers to join our talented production team on a permanent contract.
Candidates will be time served CNC Machinists through a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship gained on large gantry milling machines.
- Responsible for ensuring the machine schedule is completed within the required timescales and to the correct drawing specifications
- Work methodically through tasks whilst ensuring quality is not compromised
- Follow quality policies and procedures
- Highlight any quality or production issues to supervision
- Maintain product traceability
- Prepare and load materials on machines
- Maximise machine utilisation with minimum downtime
- Multiple machines running when requested
- Mentor apprentices and colleagues when requested
- Comply with all health and safety requirements
- Time served CNC Miller/Machinist
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to understand and interpret geometrical tolerances
- Ability to program using siemens 840d control from drawing
- Competent working to and maintaining tight tolerances
- Competent lifting heavy components
- Experience of machining large fabrications
- Competitive rate of pay
- 25 days holidays per year + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Personal Injury scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral programme (up to £750)
- On-site parking
- Free electric vehicle charging points
- Early finish on a Friday
- Onsite restaurant and take-away