Challenger 3 contract for British Army prompts new job opportunities
April 1, 2022
A host of recent contract wins by our sister company, Pearson Engineering, has prompted the requirement to expand our team. There has never been a more exciting time to be a Manufacturing Engineer at Responsive Engineering with opportunities to contribute to UK armoured vehicle programmes. Working with the latest technologies, processes and capabilities, the successful candidate will deliver on key programmes such as our Challenger 3 turret manufacturing project which was recently announced by the Minister for Defence Procurement, Jeremy Quin MP, at Armstrong Works.
This role forms part of our ongoing expansion plans, with more to follow in the future. As part of these contracts we plan to invest in new equipment, increasing our capability offering and further enabling our positive impact in the local community, delivering on exciting opportunities that are critical to our national defence and local prosperity.
As an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, you will need to hit the ground running and be responsible for the translation of complex customer requirements and specifications into ERP routings and manufacturing plans. You will develop, evaluate, and improve our manufacturing methods, utilising knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication and machining processes, tooling and product equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Ideally you will also have skills in the following:
- Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling or equipment including requirements capture and presenting at design reviews.
- Experience in PFMEAs (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation from piece part to major assemblies.
- An ability to produce or assist in the production of Manufacturing Documentation (designs, drawings, reports, specification and operating instructions)
- Ability to hold the appropriate security clearance for the role
In return, you will have the opportunity to contribute to nationally recognised projects with far reaching influence across manufacturing in the North East and beyond. We offer a competitive rate of pay, 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays and a company pension scheme as well as life insurance and personal injury schemes. We also have an early finish on a Friday to make the most of the weekend.
To apply, please send your CV and application via our careers page.